April 18, 2009

What can you do with a handful of beads?

Oh, you totally asked the right person!! Do you know that's the same exact thing I said to my friend Sarah when she asked me to take a lampwork class? Cuz really, at the time, what the heck would I do with them?

Well, she bugged me forever! Finally she just brainwashed me into thinking it would be totally cool to do, because next thing I knew I was signing up and handing over all my hard earned cash for a lampwork class at Peachie's!

Well, it was so much fun that I was hooked. Her brainwashing really worked, too. Because I forked over about $120.00 for my very first kit for bead making! Except my kit was way better and Gretchen gave us an awesome deal on a book by Cindy Jenkins, who is totally awesome and REALLY good at lampworking.

Alright, enough blabbering about others, and back to me. So, anyways....I took my little kit home and practiced my little heart out. Then, I ended up with a HUGE pile of beads. And then I was really saying, "now what am I going to do with these things?" I think Sarah's brainwashing was wearing off.

So I brought the beads to work to show off, and my other friend, Rosy, she starts talking about jewelry making and how fun it would be to work with my beads, and she got me all excited about making jewelry and totally brainwashed me into thinking I wanted to do that too!! My god, now that I think about it, what kind of friends are they??

I really do enjoy making my beads, brainwashing or not. And I enjoy being able to offer them to others. Designers buy my beads and make some really cool items. Like my friend Verna who owns Dammas. Hi Verna! I love what she did with Nemo, he's blowing bubbles. He's so cute!!

But what if you wanted to create something of your own? And you just don't know what to do? Oh, have I got something to show you!!


My Etsy shop is chuck full of great items which are sold A la Carte. That means you buy the components separately, and you save $$! How cool is that?

Here is my absolute favorite find. A changeable pendant post. It screws apart, and you can stack beads and large hole findings to create your very own one-of-a-kind pendants. Just this little post and some of your cool beads, which you can buy from me, lol, and you are styling and ready to hit the town! Or the shopping mall, or my shop! Either one is fine, but my shop is best ;)

So, how does this work? Easy, buy the pendant post (hint, hint) and some beads (even bigger hint). Unscrew the top ball of the post, stack on your awesome goodies that I sent you cuz you love my stuff so much (subliminal brainwashing, please stand buy...) and add to your favorite necklace, or you can get the whole shebang all ready to go!


Here are the instructions for great jewelry at an affordable price:
  1. Buy
  2. Stack
  3. Wear
Three easy steps, really great prices. You can't beat that! Oh, and buy (more subliminal brainwashing) the way, for today only you can get this awesome black and white heart for 50% off. So if you are lucky enough to read this blog on 4/18/09, get on over to my shop before it's too late!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...