July 30, 2010

What I did today.....

Cleaned. Blah!

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like cleaning. I hate it. I have better things to do, like chat with you guys. I try to keep the house fairly clean, there's no mud on the floors, or cobwebs strung across the ceiling. But there's dust in the corners, and every now and then I get a bug up my butt to clean. And today is one of those days.

The bathrooms are first on my list today. I started in the guest bath which is the smallest bathroom; cleaned the toilet and washed rugs, but quickly moved on to the master bath when I realized that was where I left my Swiffer (I love my Swiffer).

I took one look around in there and realized I needed to get that done first, or it would never get done! I have a corner spa tub which is amazing for catching dust in the back corner, right where it's the most inconvenient to get at. Kitty-corner from the tub is the shower. This layout creates little nooks which are wonderful places for dust and hair to collect on the floor. Let's just say there are lots of little nooks and crannies for dust and dirt to collect around the base boards.

It's not a huge bathroom, so it shouldn't be so hard, but it is full of CRAP. My mother is right, if I had less stuff to dust, I'd also have less stuff to move to get the cleaning done. But, sadly, I have the decorator blood in me from my old Home Interiors days and I just have to decorate!!

I'm half finished, and I've already removed a lot of items, so I can't do too real before and after pics. Suffice it to say that just picturing the worst scenario in your mind is most likely accurate. But I will take some pics and be back with "after" shots. Wish me luck!!

***********************************

Okay, so remember when I said up there that I was half finished. I lied!! It took me THREE hours to clean the master bath, top to bottom!!! Ugh. I even used a toothbrush for those hard to reach places.

Following are before and after. Now remember, I had already started cleaning the tub area. You can click on the pics to enlarge them.





***********************************

Oh, and yes, I have a toilet and a shower. I just didn't think you really cared to see those. But if you do I'll come back and post them.

So, this is what I did today. I don't think I have the energy to do the other bath. But it is pretty small, and way cleaner then this one. So maybe......

What'd you do today?


6 comments:

Jewelled Trellis said...

I have cleaning on my list too after listing more destash in my destash shop. Are you sure you don't want to come over and clean with me? (begs on bended knee)

Em+Mad said...

Uggg, I detest cleaning!! You have such a pretty bathroom, btw!!! :D

Natasha@MothersLoveJewelry said...

You really do have a lovely bathroom. I cleaned mine today but it's still not that nice. LOL

Dzign by Jamie said...

Thank you so much everyone. I have to say that master bath was a great bonus for us. I really do love it. I just wish I loved cleaning it more! lol

Deb DiSalvo said...

I would kill for a tub like that! Awesome job - now will you come clean mine??? :)

Dzign by Jamie said...

I'd love to come help you all with your bathrooms. You know what would be the best part? Getting to finally meet you all in person!

Hmm, what should I work on next??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...