June 21, 2013

Cross Roads, Which Way Will I Turn

As I sit here with two minutes to go before I need to get ready to work I suddenly feel the need to put this in writing.  I've been so incredibly busy lately with work at my day job, family, friends and life. And I love it.  But it leaves little free time for my wonderful handstamping work.

Just before Father's Day I took the week off from online selling and I have to admit I was relieved not to have to check my emails every hour and update listing and do this and that and the other thing.  So I started to get this idea...what if....

What if I took the summer off?

But then this little question grew into....What if I just went back to lampworking and made beads when I wanted.  No custom orders, no stamping, no pushing orders out the door.  And I felt relief with that idea.

So, being a cheap skate I decided I would let my items expire over the summer and see how it goes, and see how I feel.  I may yet just put my shops on vacation again, and give my brain some relief.

More to come....

2 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Jamie... The state of glass beads is dismal. Even Americans are happy making Chinese wages. Sigh... Good luck, what ever you decide! xoxo

Dzign by Jamie said...

HI Holly, I've been wondering how things have been going for lampwork sales. I've been on Lampworketc a little bit, but not much.

I haven't sold anything lampmwork related in so long I can't remember when it was. Maybe it's time now to make the stuff I've been wanting but haven't had time to do!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...