June 02, 2008

Wow, Just Wow

Not only are gas prices sky high. But I just received my car renewal. Guess how much?

Here's a hint: Last year it was $55. So guess.

NO! How about $75.00. I know that isn't much compared to other states, but when you look at the increase of nearly 50%, that's a lot! Okay, 36%. But isn't that a lot?

Douglas county's property taxes have doubled. A couple of years ago we were reassessed and told they couldn't do it again for 10 years. Well, guess what, they reassessed our back lot again!

Now, don't get me wrong, I believe in paying my share of taxes and all that stuff. But it's come to the point where I'm thinking about taking all the siding off my house and covering it with tar paper! Ma and Pa Kettle were better off in their shack. That's how I feel.

Let's see, what else can I do to get my taxes lowered. I could dig up the sewer and put in an outhouse. I could log off the back 40 acres. We can let some trees grow up into our driveway, and we can fill the fields with cattle.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...